Charles Darwin Butterfly Callithea philotmia Moonlight Display
Species: Callithea philotmia
Interesting Traits: Colorful blue butterfly
Native Origin: Peru
Frame Size: 5″ square
Frame Color: Black
Wood Frame: Finest Handmade Museum Quality Sealed Shadowbox Display.
Glass: 99% UV Blocking Museum Grade Conservation Glass to Prevent Insect Fading.
Background: Moonlight Display-Solid Black Backing for a Dramatic Look
Materials: Archival & Acid Free materials. Picture Hanger Included.
Description: Charles Darwin Butterfly Callithea philotmia Charles Darwin noted that of all the species of butterflies that the female of this richly colored butterfly is surprisingly similar to the male. Many female butterflies don’t even resemble their male counterparts.
About our Butterfly & Insect Displays
Real Framed Butterflies & Framed Insect Taxidermy
Wholesale Insects & Real Butterfly Gifts
Since 1992 Online Since 1999
- 99% UV Blocking Conservation glass so the specimens will never fade over time
- Built with the Finest Archival/Acid Free materials
- We never use imported frames!
- Solid handmade, artisan, real wood shadow box frames.
- Built one at a time by us so the specimens inside fit perfectly.
- Our frame corners are pinned without unsightly screws.Each display is double Sealed for years of add protection (both the glass face as well as a protective seal over the back)
- Building the finest insect displays since 1992 & online since 1999
- Experienced shippers of fragile items for safe arrival
- We also offer custom displays created just for you
- Our displays have been used as props in movies and tv for decades
- Have a store? We also offer wholesale.
- 100% handmade by us in the USA
- We offer the largest selection of Butterflies Moths & Insects available
- also offering Taxidermy reptiles, amphibians, Sea life, bats & Birds
- Specimens are Prepared, Preserved & Spread to Museum Standards
- Looking for that unusual insect chances are we have it just ask.
We offer every class of insects including
butterflies, moths, beetles, grasshoppers, damselflies, dragonflies. Leaf hoppers, katydids, walking stick insects, walking leaf insects, cicadas, lanternflies, praying mantis, true bugs, spiders, scorpions, tarantulas, centipedes, millipedes, scarabs and more…
If you own a retail store and you would like to consider adding our taxidermy displays to your inventory, we welcome wholesale inquiries. You can find our wholesale website here: www.wholesaleinsects.com